You people are not fooling anyone, you know

by Jamie Lutton

 I have been watching and listening to the anti-gay marriage agitators on the radio, in print, and on the Internet.
       
Oh, does it remind me of what my mother told me about the Civil Rights movement in the 1950's and 1960's. 

 I have got but one, brief comment about the ''movement''.  Ever since I was knocked down and kicked by a group of kids in school, who screamed "DYKE! DYKE!" at me, I have been curiously interested in civil rights for gays and lesbians.
     
Look, you anti-gay marriage people aren't fooling anybody. You are bigots, and you were in that crowd, in spirit.

When kids are bullied today, they are called FAGS or DYKES. This is the 'n' word of the last 60 years for everybody else.  And how the children speak, the adults think.

When you are against people who you don't even know or will ever know getting married, you have a bigger problem, as far as I can tell, than a gay or lesbian ever will. It is called hatred, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

By the way, I am straight, but I will always remember and honor the terrified fat girl I was, with thick glasses and the inability to avoid my tormenters.

          
Perhaps I will not reach any of you in this limited forum, but I know  what you really are, and I am not alone. You are not fooling anybody, you know.

Comments