Weiner agonistes

by John MacBeath Watkins

Well, Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY) has now revealed that he's the creep behind the weiner picture Twittered to a young woman in Bellingham.

I  know it's not uncommon for men to send pictures of their crotches to women, but I have to say, it seems a bit of a mystery to me. Are they thinking, "yeah, this always works!" and anticipating the picture will make these women want them, or is it just plain exhibitionism?

Seems like it must just be the latter, in which case Rep. Weiner must have at some level realized that it was potential political suicide. He did it anyway, which makes me think the shares with Bill Clinton a self-destructive streak.

My first post on this is here:

http://booksellersvsbestsellers.blogspot.com/2011/06/weiner-incident-now-without-weiner.html

Comments